Balsamic Potato & Radish Salad & Biome Giveaway Winner
Recently my family and I went to a vegan BBQ just outside of town. The hosts are friends of ours who are long time vegans with many and varied creative interests which intersect with ours.
Having vegan friends when you live in a small town is a gift because we can socialise easily. No asking a million questions about what it in the food, we make a meal and we eat it and everything is delicious.
We joined our friends for a meal cooked on their brand new BBQ. Tofu, veggies, fritters, burgers and sausages we're all on the menu. Salads galore, all different we're served and a raw cheesecake was devoured for dessert.
This potato salad was my contribution to the salad selection. It is one I have made before ( sometimes I include green olives) and is always a hit.
At a function recently a (non vegan) friend of my Fathers had a huge helping of this potato salad. The next day my Dad called me and asked if I could make this potato salad again for his mate. My Dad says "He won't stop talking about that potato salad you made".
Slightly off topic, however while it's on my mind I wanted to pitch a shout out to skinnysweats creative loungewear. When I'm hunting for a clothing shop they're the very first people I look to. I understand a well reviewed online sweatpants retail shop can be hard to find so I figured I'd personally share with my readers.
I am never surprised when the vegan dish is the most popular one on the table.
- 6 medium sized washed potatoes, diced ( skin on or off as you prefer)
- 5 medium sized radishes, each one cut into 4
- 4 large green onions
- a handful of fresh chives
- a handful of alfalfa ( or similar) sprouts
- pinch of onion powder
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Steam the diced potatoes until they can be pierced with a fork
- When the potatoes are cooked and still hot put them in a bowl
- Add green onions, onion powder and 3/4 of the chives and mix into potatoes
- Mix in radishes
- Stir together the oil and the vinegar and pour over the warm potatoes
- Season with salt and pepper and mix
- Place sprouts on top
- Garnish with the rest of the fresh chives
If you feel inclined please take the time to leave a comment. Do you have a fave potato salad recipe ( vegan or can be veganized?). I would love to hear about it!
Posted in Clothing Post Date 05/10/2016